Saturday, January 3, 2009

Uber Geek Gear closes doors

I was notified earlier today that Uber Geek Gear has closed its doors as of January 1.  This is very sad news.  I was rarely able to get out and play on their Saturday games, but when I did I always had a good time.

I wish Keith and his crew the best of luck with their future endeavours.

While it is distressing to lose a venue from our area, remember that there are still three active in our area.

Update
Their Judge Nick has sent out the following message.
In case you haven't heard, UberGeekGear was forced to close its doors recently. Keith, being the stand up guy he is, will be getting the HeroClix January prize support to me so his (now former) players can still get a shot at grabbing those LEs.

To try to determine our best course of action (without the benefit of our own venue to use), if you would, please respond to me with what you think would work best for you.

Options include: we could go ahead and show up outside the UGG doors at normal tourney time on 1-3-09, then take the group wherever we think would work to run one last 'hurrah' in which I give away all of January's prizes; we could try to arrange a different time and place where the most players could show up at a later date to do the same; I could pass the prize support on to BuyMeToys and they could give it away in their normally scheduled HC events as 2nd Place and 2nd Fellowship prizes; we could even skip the whole tourney thing and just do a get-together to perhaps toast the good times at UGG and give the stuff away randomly; or whatever suggestion you think is best.

Email me at 
midnight69@prodigy.net , or jump on my board and sound off in this thread:http://nicksclix.naughtykitten.net/f...c.php?f=2&t=94

Also, if you can get the word around to other players that might not have heard, so perhaps they too can have their voices heard on this issue, it's much appreciated.

Sorry for the short notice(I was shocked as well). Hoping to hear from you soon,
Nick Hartley



No comments:

Powered By Blogger